Launched in 2008 and improved in 2009/2010, the TrailerTail® is the first and still the only rear fairing to be:
- Certified for fuel efficiency based on SAE Type II testing validated by the U.S. EPA sufficient for standalone compliance with 2010 CARB regulations for trailer aerodynamics; and exempt from U.S. DOT length restrictions
- Based on review by NHTSA and FHWA. (View Exemption Letter from DOT)
- The TrailerTail® has been stress-tested, weather-tested, even crash-tested.
ATDynamics provides all TrailerTail® customers with an official FHWA letter describing its exemption from U.S. DOT length restrictions.
- On-road results: 4-7% fuel savings (~7-8 gallons per 1000 miles traveled at highway speed)
- AeroTrailer package: fuel savings approximately double with TrailerTail® (TrailerTails® and Skirts address two separate areas of aerodynamic drag at the rear of the trailer and underneath the trailer respectively)
- EPA SmartWay: approved as advanced trailer skirt
- CARB: achieves standalone trailer compliance
Our tire mount is available for tractors and trailers, and not just tractors. The SuperSpare™ is a wide-base tire mount for tractors that eliminates expensive, time-consuming on-road repairs of super single tires – clearing the way for a fleetwide transition to fuel-efficient tires.
ATDynamics works with fleets to deliever best-in-class customized aerodynamic solutions.